Elector Representation Review public consultation
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 12(7) of the Local Government Act 1999, the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters has undertaken a review to determine whether alterations are required in respect to its elector representation, including the composition of the Council and existing Ward boundaries.
The Council currently comprises a Mayor and 13 Elected Members, with the City divided into six Wards. Following consultation regarding a number of possible options for the future composition of the Council, the Council has proposed to retain the current structure and composition as follows:
- The position of Mayor be retained
- There continue to be Wards
- There continue to be Ward Councillors and no area Councillors
- The number of Elected Members remain at 13 and the Mayor (total of 14 Elected Members)
- The current structure of six (6) Wards remain, with the following changes proposed to current Ward boundaries:
- Transfer of the whole of the suburb of Hackney from the St Peters Ward to the West Norwood/Kent Town Ward, and
- Minor realignment of part of the existing boundary between the Payneham Ward and the Maylands/Trinity Ward to form a proposed new section of the boundary between the two Wards.
Representation Review Report
The Council has prepared a Representation Review Report which details the Review process, public consultation undertaken and additional information regarding the proposal for the future structure and composition of the Council (as outlined above), which the Council considers
could be carried into effect.
Download: Representation Review Report
How to have your say
Written submissions are invited from interested persons and must be addressed to:
By email to: email@example.com
Elector Representation Review
City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters
PO Box 204, Kent Town SA 5071
In person: Norwood Town Hall, 175 The Parade, Norwood
All written submissions must be received by 5pm, Friday 31 March 2017.
All persons making a written submission will be given the opportunity to address the Council in relation to their submission, at the Council Meeting to be held on Monday 10 April 2017.
For further information regarding the Representation Review, please contact Lisa Mara, General Manager, Governance & Community Affairs, on 8366 4549 or firstname.lastname@example.org