Major Development Proposals at Joslin and Norwood
On 26 July 2017, the State’s Development Assessment Commission released guidelines for the consideration of two Major Development proposals by Life Care in Joslin and Norwood.
This follows the Minister for Planning’s declaration in March 2017 that all residential village and residential care facilities over $20 million will be treated as Major Development applications. The Major Development process is used for consideration of proposals of a nature or scale that is not expected through the regular development assessment process and/ or Council’s Development Plan.
Residential Aged Care Facilities "Roselin Court", 251-257 Payneham Road, Joslin (and potentially 245 Payneham Road) Stage two development will comprise buildings of up to seven storeys including:
- 12 independent Living Units
- Up to 60 serviced apartments
- Health and wellness centre (with a swimming pool and community spaces)
- Basement car parking for 85 cars
For more information, visit: Development Assessment Commission Guidelines - 251-257 Payneham Road, Joslin
Residential Aged Care Facilities, 157 Beulah Road, Norwood comprises a four storey building including:
- 94 independent living units including 8 one bedroom units, 72 two bedroom units and 14 three bedroom units
- Community facilities including home cinema, lounge/ bar area, café and restaurant, library/ reading/ games room, workshop, gym and concierge
- Basement carparking for 165 cars
For more information, visit: Development Assessment Commission Guidelines - 157 Beulah Road, Norwood
The Minister for Planning is responsible for the assessment of these Major Development proposals.
Enquiries regarding the Major Development process can be made to the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure:
Phone: 1800 752 664, option 3