Free household hazardous waste drop-off day
We are hosting a household hazardous waste drop-off day on Saturday 28 October at our Council depot.
Date: Saturday 28 October
Time: 9am - 3pm
Location: City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters Depot, 30 Davis Road, Glynde
This service is being held in partnership with the City of Burnside and Campbelltown City Council and funded by the Office of Green Industries SA
What can be accepted
- acids and alkalis
- brake fluids
- car care products
- cleaning products
- other household chemicals
- paint (liquid only). Maximum of 100 litres, secured in containers less than 20 litres in volume.
- pesticides, insecticides, rodenticides, herbicides and other garden chemicals
- photographic chemicals
- pool chemicals
- solvents (including paint thinners, turpentine)
- varnishes and stains.
What cannot be accepted
|Items not accepted
Alternative disposal methods
|Ammunition or explosives||Contact the police|
|Asbestos||Contact the EPA on 8204 2004|
|Batteries||See Council website.|
|Fertiliser||Use or donate to local community garden.|
Drop off for recycling at:
|Household smoke detectors||Place into the waste bin (red lid).|
|Light globes||Mitre 10 stores (fluorescent tubes, halogen, incandescent and old style).|
|Motor oil||Council's depot accepts domestic quantities. Bring oil in a clean, plastic container with a lid.|
Drop off at Adelaide Statewide Tallow
Small amounts of vegetable oils can be composted.
|Pharmaceuticals||Return to a pharmacy|
|Tyres||Visit: Recycling Near You. Some tyre service centres will recycle your tyres for free when you purchase new ones.|
- keep original labels on all containers or put labels on known chemicals
- package all materials securely to avoid spills
- place old containers in plastic bags or buckets to avoid leaks
- place smaller containers in a box or larger container to help with unloading
- transport chemicals in your vehicle's boot or trailer for easy and safe handling
- for your safety stay in the car and let staff unload waste.
Please note that containers or boxes will not be returned as these are not emptied on-site.
What if I miss the drop-off day?
If you miss the drop-off day, deliver the waste to the EPA's Hazardous Household Waste Depot on the corner of Magazine Road and Henschke St, Dry Creek (enter Magazine Road from Cormack Road).
For more information, visit: EPA - Hazardous Household Waste
For more information, contact Martin Woodrow on 08 8360 9008 or email email@example.com