Business & Economic Development Committee
Established in 2006, the Business & Economic Development Committee is the key driver of the Council’s business and economic development governance model.
The Council's Business & Economic Development Committee (BEDC) works to facilitate and promote economic growth and development in the retail and commercial precincts of the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters.
For more information regarding the functions and objectives of the committee, download: Terms of Reference
The committee members are regarded as leading practitioners in their respective fields. Their background and experience includes business and economic development, tourism, creative industries, strategic planning, education and similar areas of expertise.
- Mr Steve Maras (Managing Director, Maras Group)
- Mr John Samartzis (John Samartzis Consulting)
- Mr Geoff Hayter (Managing Director, Property & Advisory Pty Ltd)
- Professor Richard Blandy (Adjunct Professor of Economics, UniSA)
- Dr Jane Andrew (Lecturer, Studio Director Matchstudio, School or Art, Architecture & Design, UniSA).
In addition to Mayor Bria as Chair, other Council representatives on the Committee are Councillors Carlo Dottore, Lucy Marcuccitti and John Minney.
Agendas & minutes
Acting Manager, Economic Development & Strategic Projects
T: 08 8366 4509