Hard Waste & E-waste
There are many ways to responsibly deal with your hard waste and electronic waste.
Dumping hard rubbish or electrical items on verges, in street gutters or on vacant land is illegal! Please report any illegal dumping to the Council on 08 8366 4555.
Booked hard waste and e-waste collection service
This new service replaces the annual kerbside collection that previously occurred each August/September.
Download: Hard Waste Brochure
How to make a booking
Bookings can now be made directly with East Waste on 08 8347 5111.
A scheduled collection date will be provided by East Waste at the time of booking
Prior to your collection, you will receive a letter from East Waste confirming your collection date. Information on the Council’s hard waste collection guidelines will also be provided.
How to cancel a booking
If you need to cancel your booking, contact East Waste on 08 8347 5111 at least 3 days before your scheduled collection.
General guidelines and public safety
Please ensure waste items are:
- placed securely on the verge no earlier than 24 hours before your collection date and no later than 7am on the collection day
- clearly marked by using the sticker provided to you by East Waste
- placed in a way that does not obstruct the road or footpath
- not stacked too high and tall items are not upright
- less than1.5 metres in length
- not greater than 50kg, to be safely lifted by two people
- adequately secured so that items do not fall out when lifted.
Please note items dumped at the kerbside without a confirmed booking could incur an illegal dumping/littering fine.
Too good to waste? Reuse it!
Before you book a hard waste collection, try to donate or sell unwanted items to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill.
If you have unwanted items in good condition you could offer them to:
- family or friends
- charity or op shops (some charities will collect furniture and household items at no cost)
- salvage yards.
You can also advertise your goods for free collection on the following sites:
Recycling electronic waste
Unwanted electronic items can be recycled or donated using the following options:
Option 1: If in good condition, donate using:
Option 2: Drop off at an Unplug N' Drop location
Option 3: Drop off at an E-Cycle Recovery location
Option 4: See Zerowaste for a list of drop off recycling services and locationsOption 5: Book a Council hard waste collection, phone 8347 5111.
Option 1: Mobile Muster Program.
Option 3: Drop off at the Norwood Town Hall.