Development Assessment Panel

The City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters has been successfully operating with a Development Assessment Panel (DAP) since 2001.

people writing notes on paper at a meetingOverview

The Development Assessment Panel (DAP) undertakes responsibilities of the Council under the Development Act 1993, in relation to development assessment matters.

The panel also (with discretion) provides advice and reports to the Council on trends and issues, as well as other matters relating to planning or development that have become apparent or arisen through the panel's assessment of development applications under the Development Act.

The Panel determines approximately 8 per cent of all development applications with the remaining 92 per cent being assessed and determined by staff under delegated authority. The Council undertakes an annual review of the Panel's performance and its delegations.

For more information:

Download: DAP Review- December 2016

Download: Terms of Reference

 

Meetings

The Development Assessment Panel meets on the third Monday of each month at 7pm in the Mayor's Parlour, Norwood Town Hall, 175 The Parade, Norwood.

Download: Schedule of DAP meetings

 

Agendas & minutes

Meeting date Download agendas Download minutes
Monday, 19 June 2017 Agenda   PDF   640 kb Minutes   PDF   647.1 kb
Thursday, 25 May 2017 Agenda   PDF   956.5 kb Minutes   PDF   980.4 kb
Wednesday, 10 May 2017 Agenda   PDF   901.3 kb Minutes   PDF   904.6 kb
Wednesday, 19 April 2017 Agenda   PDF   783.9 kb Minutes   PDF   806.5 kb
Monday, 20 March 2017 Agenda   PDF   566.7 kb Minutes   PDF   599.9 kb
Monday, 20 February 2017 Agenda   PDF   678.2 kb Minutes   PDF   713.6 kb
Wednesday, 18 January 2017 Agenda   PDF   745.4 kb Minutes   PDF   777.7 kb
Monday, 19 December 2016 Agenda   PDF   703 kb Minutes   PDF   727.1 kb
Monday, 21 November 2016 Agenda   PDF   735.2 kb Minutes   PDF   773.1 kb
Monday, 17 October 2016 Agenda   PDF   705.5 kb Minutes   PDF   747.1 kb
Monday, 19 September 2016 Agenda   PDF   857.5 kb Minutes   PDF   887.4 kb
Monday, 15 August 2016 Agenda   PDF   747.5 kb Minutes   PDF   767.1 kb
Monday, 18 July 2016 Agenda   PDF   712.9 kb Minutes   PDF   691.8 kb
Monday, 20 June 2016 Agenda   PDF   1021 kb Minutes   PDF   1.1 mb
Monday, 16 May 2016 Agenda   PDF   743.5 kb Minutes   PDF   758.1 kb
Monday, 18 April 2016 Agenda   PDF   950.9 kb Minutes   PDF   1007.4 kb
Monday, 21 March 2016 Agenda   PDF   797.4 kb Minutes   PDF   828.5 kb
Monday, 15 February 2016 Agenda   PDF   849.2 kb Minutes   PDF   887.4 kb
Wednesday, 20 January 2016 Agenda   PDF   894.7 kb Minutes   PDF   938.8 kb
Monday, 21 December 2015 Agenda   PDF   680.3 kb Minutes   PDF   695.5 kb
Monday, 16 November 2015 Agenda   PDF   962.1 kb Minutes   PDF   1005.1 kb
Monday, 19 October 2015 Agenda   PDF   754.6 kb Minutes   PDF   790.1 kb
Monday, 21 September 2015 Agenda   PDF   902.2 kb Minutes   PDF   954.6 kb
Monday, 17 August 2015 Agenda   PDF   662.4 kb Minutes   PDF   705.4 kb
Monday, 20 July 2015 Agenda   PDF   1.1 mb Minutes   PDF   1.1 mb
Monday, 15 June 2015 Agenda   PDF   597.1 kb Minutes   PDF   625.7 kb
Monday, 18 May 2015 Agenda   PDF   675.1 kb Minutes   PDF   703.4 kb
Monday, 20 April 2015 Agenda   PDF   744.2 kb Minutes   PDF   795.4 kb
Monday, 16 March 2015 Agenda   PDF   620.2 kb Minutes   PDF   841.6 kb
Monday, 16 February 2015 Agenda   PDF   763.2 kb Minutes   PDF   810.5 kb
Wednesday, 21 January 2015 Agenda   PDF   410.5 kb Minutes   PDF   561.9 kb

 

Membership

The DAP is comprised of nine members. Four members of the DAP are Elected Members of the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters and five are Specialist External Members who have expertise in professional fields relevant to the role of the Panel, which is primarily to determine applications for planning approval. The Presiding Member is chosen from specialist external members:

All current members of the Panel are appointed until December 2017.

DAP members
Presiding Member: Elected Members: Specialist External Members:
  • Mr Terry Mosel
  • Cr Carlo Dottore
  • Cr Kevin Duke
  • Cr John Frogley
  • Cr Evonne Moore
  • Ms Fleur Bowden
  • Mr Don Donaldson
  • Mr Terry Mosel
  • Ms Jenny Newman
  • Mr Phil Smith

 

Contact

Urban Planning & Environment Department
T: 08 8366 4530