Draft Youth Development Strategy - consultation closed
Consultation closed 5.00pm, Tuesday 30 October 2018.
Young people are essential to the Council’s vision of a progressive City which is prosperous, sustainable and socially cohesive, with a strong community spirit.
The draft Youth Development Strategy outlines how the Council will incorporate good outcomes for young people, aged 10 – 18 years, across everything we do.
Key areas of focus
The objectives of the Youth Development Strategy focus on four key areas:
- Physical Activity - ensuring there are places, spaces and opportunities for young people to engage in physical activity and sport
- Social Inclusion - ensuring marginalised young people have opportunities to participate in the community
- Arts and Culture - providing opportunities for young people to showcase their work
- Engagement - through volunteering, work experience and development of skills.
The Youth Development Strategy outlines four Council Objectives for youth development:
- Objective 1: young people are well connected, included and welcome in the life of the community
- Objective 2: young people are active and healthy
- Objective 3: young people have resilient futures
- Objective 4: young people are visible and heard.
Background and further reading
In May 2018, the Council engaged Urban Regional Planning Services (URPS) to undertake community engagement and develop the draft 2019-2021 Youth Development Strategy on the Council’s Behalf.
- Demographic and Strategic Context – Background Paper for Youth Development Strategy
- Engagement Summary Report
Have your say
You are invited to provide your feedback on the draft Youth Development Strategy.
Do you support the Objectives?
Are there other areas of need that should be addressed?
Alternatively, you can provide written feedback via:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- post: City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters, PO Box 204, Kent Town SA 5071
- in person: Norwood Town Hall Customer Service Centre, 175 The Parade, Norwood SA 5067
All feedback received will be collated and summarised for consideration by the Council. This feedback will assist with finalising the draft Youth Development Strategy in preparation for final adoption by the Council.
Note: hard copies of the above documents are available for viewing at the Norwood Town Hall
General Manager, Governance & Community Affairs
T: 08 8366 4549