Felixstow Reserve wins again
The multi-award winning Felixstow Reserve Redevelopment Project received another five awards over the weekend, taking its total number of awards to eleven.
The local project won the Award for Excellence in Public Engagement and Community Planning, as well as awards of commendation in the Best Planning Ideas – Large category and Great Place category at the Planning Institute of Australia Awards on Friday night.
The following evening, the project received two awards from the Master Landscapers of SA, where it was commended for being environmentally sensitive and for landscape maintenance.
Since it opened in February, the reserve has won the following awards:
- 2019 Australian Institute of Landscape Architecture (AILA) Award in the Parks and Open Space category
- 2019 AILA SA Award of Excellence in the Cultural Heritage category
- 2019 AILA SA Health Parks Healthy People SA Award
- 2019 AILA SA Landscape Architecture Award in the Parks and Open Space category
- Award of Commendation for lighting design from IES The Lighting Society
- People’s Choice Award in the Urban category from the Australian Civic Trust
- Award of Excellence in Public Engagement and Community Planning from the Planning Institute of Australia
- Award of Commendation in the Best Planning Ideas – Large category from the Planning Institute of Australia
- Award of Commendation in the Great Place category from the Planning Institute of Australia
- Award for Most Environmentally Sensitive Project from Master Landscapers of SA
- Award for Landscape Maintenance Commercial from Master Landscapers of SA.
For more information, read the full media release