Swimming centres – COVID-19 temporary restrictions
Our Swimming Centres are open for fitness and rehabilitation purposes only until 1 December.
Due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak in South Australia and following subsequent State Government restrictions on public activities, the Council has introduced some temporary changes to Swimming Centre operation which will impact some patrons.
In line with State Government directives, the Payneham Memorial and Norwood Swimming Centres are open for lap swimming and rehabilitation purposes only. This means that anyone wishing to lap swim or undertake rehabilitation exercises in the water can continue to access the centres.
Book lap swim online prior to attending
Due to reduced capacity, all patrons are required to book a lap lane spot online prior to attending a swimming centre.
Bookings comprise of a 90 minute lap swim or rehabilitation activities, with a maximum of six swimmers per lap lane.
Reduce the spread by following health guidelines
While visiting the Payneham Memorial and Norwood Swimming Centres, all patrons must comply with SA Health guidelines to reduce the spread by adhering to physical distancing and ensuring 1.5 metres between you and others.
Please give your swim a miss if:
- you or anyone in your household has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are awaiting results of a COVID-19 test
- you or anyone in your household have had close contact with anyone infected with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- you are currently experiencing flu like symptoms such as a fever, cough or shortness of breath
- you have been directed to self-isolate or quarantine
- have visited a hot spot location at the times identified by SA Health
For more information on current hot spots and outbreaks, contact tracing requirement and the COVID-19 pandemic in South Australia, please visit the SA Health website
More updates from the Council
Should any further changes be put in place due to the current outbreak of COVID-19, details will be made available through the Council’s website.