COVID-19 Information for Businesses
We're here to support local businesses impacted by COVID-19.
On this page you will find links to advice, updates and support for businesses affected by COVID-19 conditions.
Rate relief for local businesses
One hundred and twenty businesses in the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters will receive an automatic 50% rebate from rates for the Fourth Quarter of 2019–2020, as the Council demonstrates its commitment to assisting those local business owners who are experiencing hardship.
NPSP online Growth Workshops
Official website links and contacts
The Federal Government and key health organisations are providing information and assistance for all kinds of businesses to help them plan and respond to COVID-19.
To assist businesses find the information they need, we have collated the following list of official website links.
South Australian Government - Recovery from COVID-19 (steps and responsibilities)
Roadmap for Easing COVID-19 Restrictions
The South Australian Government has released a Roadmap for Easing COVID-19 Restrictions.
For more information and to download the Roadmap and Frequently Asked Questions, visit: Recovery from COVID-19
Create a COVID-19 Safe Plan
Business that were required to close as part of COVID-19 restrictions must create a COVID-Safe Plan before they can reopen.
For more information and to complete a COVID-19 Safe Plan, visit: COVID-Safe Plan
COVID MarshalsFrom 21 August 2020, you must have a COVID Marshal if your business or activity is or involves any of the following:
- Hospitality (any business or activity providing food and/or beverages for on-site consumption to members of the public. This does not include take-away only operators)
- Gyms and fitness centres
- Indoor and outdoor sports clubs
- Swimming pools available for public use
- Social and community clubs
- Religious or faith-based ceremonies
- Supermarkets and hardware stores
- Distribution centres
- Businesses or activities that are required to have a COVID Management Plan
For more information and a fact sheet about COVID Marshals, their roles and responsibilities, training and specific business requirements, visit: SA Government: COVID-19 - COVID Marshals
Coronavirus information and support for business
- financial assistance through the stimulus package
- eligibility and timing for the new government support for Australian businesses
- JobKeeper Payments information for businesses and their employees as well as for sole traders
Cash flow assistance for businesses
Visit: Australian Tax Office (ATO)
- helping small and medium-sized businesses cover the costs of employee wages and salaries (50 per cent of PAYG withheld, with a minimum $2,000 payment and up to a cap of $25,000 over 6 months)
- supporting apprentices and trainees: wage assistance to help small businesses to keep their apprentices and trainees.
Emergency business support information
ATO Emergency Support:
Infoline for businesses impacted by COVID-19: 1800 806 218
Business Contact Centre: 13 28 46
Support for business investment
Visit: Australian Tax Office (ATO)
- increasing the instant asset write-off: lifting the threshold to $150,000 (from $30,000)
- backing business investment: offering businesses a time-limited incentive to invest, by accelerating depreciation deductions.
Emergency management planning
Support for businesses in Australia
- assistance with developing your emergency management plan.
Public health information and alerts
Information for lessees and lessors
Essential Information for Lessees and Lessors dealing with COVID-19.
Work health & safety, workplace rights and rules
- business work health & safety obligations, visit: Safe Work SA - Contacts
- COVID-19 Advice for employers, visit: Safe Work SA - Covid-19 advice for employers
Fair Work Ombudsman
Visit: Fair Work Ombudsman
- COVID-19 and Australian workplace laws
- Understand your workplace entitlements and obligations.
Heads Up – Better Mental Health in the Workplace
Visit: Heads Up
Heads Up is supported by Beyond Blue.
Hotels and hotel staff
COVID-19 information for hotels and hotel staff
Important information for this industry regarding operation and managing the COVID-19 situation and the health and wellbeing of staff and hotel guests.
Business impact survey
Australian Business Economic Impact Survey (ABEIS)
This survey is an initiative to respond to the rapid change experienced by businesses as a result of COVID-19 and is designed to develop insights to assist key stakeholders in creating targeted responses.
Complete the survey and contribute to the research.
Free business listings
Keep in touch!
For questions, concerns or business promotion enquiries, contact the Economic Development Unit on 08 8366 4555 or email@example.com
Register to receive regular city-wide business focussed e-updates.