COVID-19 Information for Businesses
On this page you will find links to advice, updates and support for businesses affected by COVID-19 conditions.
Official website links and contacts
The Federal Government and key health organisations are providing information and assistance for all kinds of businesses to help them plan and respond to COVID-19.
To assist businesses find the information they need, we have collated the following list of official website links.
COVID-Safe Plans and COVID Marshals in South Australia
Create a COVID-19 Safe Plan
Business that were required to close as part of COVID-19 restrictions must create a COVID-Safe Plan before they can reopen.
For more information and to complete a COVID-19 Safe Plan, visit: COVID-Safe Plan
From 21 August 2020, you must have a COVID Marshal if your business or activity is or involves any of the following:
- Hospitality (any business or activity providing food and/or beverages for on-site consumption to members of the public. This does not include take-away only operators)
- Gyms and fitness centres
- Indoor and outdoor sports clubs
- Swimming pools available for public use
- Social and community clubs
- Religious or faith-based ceremonies
- Supermarkets and hardware stores
- Distribution centres
- Businesses or activities that are required to have a COVID Management Plan
For more information and a fact sheet about COVID Marshals, their roles and responsibilities, training and specific business requirements, visit: SA Government: COVID-19 - COVID Marshals
Lockdown grant funding for businesses
As a result of the recent 7 day lockdown imposed for the State of South Australia, grant funding payments have been made available to affected businesses. Please apply online if you meet the required criteria.
Emergency business support information
ATO Emergency Support:
Infoline for businesses impacted by COVID-19: 1800 806 218
Business Contact Centre: 13 28 46
Support for business investment
Visit: Australian Tax Office (ATO)
- increasing the instant asset write-off: lifting the threshold to $150,000 (from $30,000)
- backing business investment: offering businesses a time-limited incentive to invest, by accelerating depreciation deductions.
Emergency management planning
Support for businesses in Australia
- assistance with developing your emergency management plan.
Public health information and alerts
Information for lessees and lessors
Essential Information for Lessees and Lessors dealing with COVID-19.
Work health & safety, workplace rights and rules
- business work health & safety obligations, visit: Safe Work SA - Contacts
- COVID-19 Advice for employers, visit: Safe Work SA - Covid-19 advice for employers
Fair Work Ombudsman
Visit: Fair Work Ombudsman
- COVID-19 and Australian workplace laws
- Understand your workplace entitlements and obligations.
Heads Up – Better Mental Health in the Workplace
Visit: Heads Up
Heads Up is supported by Beyond Blue.
Hotels and hotel staff
COVID-19 information for hotels and hotel staff
Important information for this industry regarding operation and managing the COVID-19 situation and the health and wellbeing of staff and hotel guests.
Free business listings
Keep in touch!
For questions, concerns or business promotion enquiries, contact the Economic Development Unit on 08 8366 4555 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Register to receive regular city-wide business focussed e-updates.