COVID 19 Updates
The City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters continues to respond to Federal and State Government directives and take proactive measures to ensure the safety of our community during COVID-19 conditions.
In line with advice from both the Federal and State Governments, we will take every necessary step to ensure that we continue to deliver essential services and support our community to respond and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
South Australia is currently under Level 1 restrictions with some additional restrictions.
The following services and facilities are open in line with State Government COVID-19 restrictions:
- Norwood Town Hall Customer Service
- Cultural Heritage Centre
- St Peters Child Care Centre & Preschool
- Norwood Concert Hall
- Council facilities for hire
- Justice of the Peace
- Community Care Services
- majority of Volunteer Programs
- Glynde Depot
- East Waste (waste and recycling services)
- Eastern Health Authority
When visiting Council facilities:
- QR Code check-in is mandatory
- masks must be worn in all public spaces
- social distancing as per State Government requirements will apply
- hand sanitiser is strongly encouraged.
These arrangements will be reviewed pending SA Health and State Government advice, and any changes will be communicated through our website and social media.
Please consider the following alternatives to physically attending Council facilities
Even if you aren't showing symptoms, we encourage you not to visit Council facilities in person unless necessary.
For customer service:
Call us on 08 8366 4555.
Services you can access via the Council’s website or telephone include:
- payments, including for rates, fines
- Library catalogue, e-books, online learning and more
- feedback and requests
- lodging and tracking Development Applications
- waste and recycling (East Waste website)
- Dog registrations (via the DACO website).
For more online services, visit: Online Services Listing
SA Health updates
For information on restrictions, hot spots and outbreaks, contact tracing requirements and the COVID-19 pandemic in South Australia, please visit the SA Government - COVID-19 website