COVID 19 Updates
The ongoing safety, health and well-being of our community and staff is our first priority and we are taking proactive measures to reduce the ongoing risk of the spread of COVID-19.
Our services and facilities are open
While the threat of COVID-19 continutes to decrease, we will continue to provide service updates on this web page and via Facebook
The Council is guided by State Government COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations
The following services and facilities are open and operating in line with State Government COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations:
- Norwood Town Hall Citizen Services
- Cultural Heritage Centre
- St Peters Child Care Centre & Preschool
- Norwood Concert Hall
- Council facilities for hire
- Justice of the Peace
- Community Care Services
- majority of Volunteer Programs
- Glynde Depot
- East Waste (waste and recycling services)
- Eastern Health Authority
Community RAT distribution program
To help with early detection and treatment of COVID-19, eligible people can access five free rapid antigen tests (RATs) from the following locations:
Free rapid antigen tests are available for:
- people with disability or who are immunocompromised
- a carer of someone with disability or who is immunocompromised
- eligible Concession Card holders (including Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card and Department of Veterans Affairs Concession Card).
You do not need to register before collecting free rapid antigen tests, but you will be required to show your eligible concession card.
Face masks are not required in Council venues and facilities, however all community members are also encouraged to wear a mask.
Please avoid attending any Council venues and faciliities if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
While it is no longer mandatory, whenever you attend any Council venue physical distancing is strongly recommended and encouraged.
Everyone can help reduce the risk of infection by following these hygiene practices:
- keep a social distance of 1.5 metres
- practice good hygiene at all times
- do not go out if you are unwell
- get tested if you have the mildest of symptoms
- follow SA health close contact and isolation advice.
Many of our services are available online or by telephone
Please consider the following alternatives to physically attending Council facilities.
For customer service:
Call us on 08 8366 4555.
Services you can access via the Council’s website or telephone include:
- payments, including for rates, fines
- Library catalogue, e-books, online learning and more
- feedback and requests
- lodging and tracking Development Applications
- waste and recycling (East Waste website)
- Dog registrations (via the DACO website).
For more online services, visit: Online Services Listing
SA Health updates
For information about COVID-19 in South Australia, visit: SA Government - COVID-19 Health Information