Health & Well-being (COVID-19)
During times of isolation and uncertainty it is particularly important to pay attention to your physical and mental well-being.
There's still plenty of activities that you can do around your local area and within the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters while complying with social distancing.
Here's some ideas to get you outside and enjoying some fresh air.
- get out and about on two wheels and take in the autumn hues on your bicycle
- there's plenty of on and off-road cycling paths to follow
- take a walk in one of our beautiful parks (but please note that playgrounds and gym equipment are closed)
- explore some art installations by following the public art trail
- there's plenty of heritage walks and trails to follow so you can learn while you exercise!
- all doggos are no doubt enjoying the extra walks so why not take advantage of our off-leash dog areas
Helplines and support numbers
Lifeline provide 24/7 crisis support and suicide prevention services.
Free, private and confidential 24/7 phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25.
The Beyond Blue Support Service provides advice and support.
Open 24 hours to support people impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence and abuse.
Suicide Call Back Service
Nationwide 24/7 telephone and online counselling to people who are affected by suicide.
If you are in urgent need of assistance or are concerned for your safety, please call 000.
Thank you for following safe social distancing measures
We would like to say thank you to our community and traders for correctly following safe social distancing measures.
Our Compliance Officers have been monitoring the local area to ensure that correct social distancing measures are being followed. They have also undertaken over three hundred COVID-19 compliance inspections, with only a small number of non-compliance issues, which were all quickly resolved.