Category: Venues and facilities
Plans are well underway to transform the Payneham Memorial Swimming Centre into a state-of-the-art aquatic facility.
The Council is currently finalising a tender process so that work can get underway at the Centre as soon as possible.
The Council is delivering the multi-million dollar project, which includes a $5.6 million Local Government Infrastructure Partnership Program contribution from the State Government.
A full design team consisting of architects and engineers has been engaged during the past year and undertaken a considerable amount of design work.
The following outcomes have been achieved to date:
- 95% completion of detailed design and documentation
- planning approval and;
- five local building companies have been selected to tender for the works.
The Council appreciates the community's understanding and patience while the Payneham Memorial Swimming Centre is closed for redevelopment.
The Payneham Memorial Swimming Centre Upgrade will include:
- an 8 lane, 25 metre indoor pool
- an 11 x 20 metre indoor learner’s pool
- a 10 lane, 50 metre outdoor pool
- a 14 metre tall tower with two waterslides
- a zero-depth waterplay area
- multiple male, female and unisex all-access changerooms with showers, toilets and lockers
- multipurpose meeting room
- shade shelters, picnic seating and barbeques.
Each pool will have an all-access entry via ramp or lift. Aquatic wheelchairs will be available for public use.