Category: Stormwater drainage network
Managed by: City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters
Design: Tonkin Consulting
Main contractor: Beltrame Civil Operations Pty Ltd
Subcontractor: WS Concrete
The Third Creek Drainage Upgrade Project forms part of a $38.4 million program to upgrade the City’s stormwater drainage network over the next 15 years.
The upgrade will benefit the community by:
- addressing and reducing the impacts of flooding
- helping to protect residents, their homes and property
- protecting the City’s assets such as footpaths, kerbing and street trees.
The City’s stormwater drainage network is one of many infrastructure assets which is provided and maintained by the Council for the community. The network removes surface water from roadways and provides appropriate levels of flood protection throughout the City.
The City-wide upgrades to the stormwater drainage network follows a floodplain mapping project which identified locations at risk of flooding and considers a range of future scenarios that could influence this including infill development and expected climate change.
Stage 1 of the Upgrade, completed in August 2020, increased capacity of Third Creek from Bridge Road to Payneham Road, Payneham, which also included the former Schweppes site at 382 Payneham Road, Payneham.
The Third Creek Drainage Upgrade Project: Stage 2 will increase the capacity of Third Creek from Bridge Road to Payneham Road, Payneham.
- construction of new concrete base and walls from Henry Street to Bridge Road
- increased catchment area between Henry Street and Bridge Road
- construction of new concrete culverts under Bridge Road
- increased flow path under Bridge Road
- relocation of services along Bridge Road.