The Council's Youth Program encourages young people to have their say and be active in their community.
The Youth Development Program is founded on the basis that young people need to be involved in the development of youth activities in order to create effective, meaningful and relevant programs.
Our key program principles are:
- young people make a positive contribution to our community
- participation is a fundamental right for all people, including young people
- young people are valued and difference is celebrated
- improved access for young people to services, facilities and opportunities is encouraged
- young people have diverse needs which may require special provision to enable them to take up opportunities on an equitable basis.
Youth Development Officer
T: 08 8366 4603