Our libraries offer something for everyone - contemporary collections, a welcoming environment and a great place to learn, explore and have fun.
Our libraries and COVID-19
Everybody has a responsibility to ensure that our libraries stay open for everyone to enjoy, so don’t forget to:
- use the hand sanitiser provided as you enter and exit the Library
- practice good respiratory hygiene
- practice social distancing by maintaining a 1.5 metre distance between yourself and others.
What you can expect when visiting our libraries
Please be mindful that your Libraries may look and operate a little differently as we adhere to Federal and State Government directives.
When you visit our Libraries, you will find:
- hand sanitiser provided as you enter and exit the library
- social distancing markers internally in front of service counters and throughout the Library aisles
- some seating, and interactive displays have been removed or moved to ensure compliance with social distancing and hygiene measures
- preference for contactless payment methods
- acrylic screens across service counters
- additional cleaning of Library facilities during the day, including public toilets.
Library activities and training – book online
All face-to-face library activities and training sessions require customer contact tracing details to be collected. Please book online wherever possible as all programs are now limited by site occupancy restrictions.
For more information and to book, visit:
Other ways to access library collections
Library card holders can access plenty of books and online learning opportunities from any mobile device through the Libraries SA app
The online catalogue, available on the app, offers a huge range of books, digital magazines and newspapers, and online learning opportunities. The app can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Customers can also continue to take advantage of the Click, Call & Collect service by reserving library items over the phone, online via the Library catalogue or by using the free Libraries SA app. All reserved items will then be available for collection from one of the Council’s three libraries.
More updates from the Council
Should any further changes be put in place due to the current outbreak of COVID-19, details will be made available through the Council’s website. Please be kind to yourself and others, follow the advice of SA Health and stay safe.