St Peters Street Streetscape Upgrade
The St Peters Street Streetscape Upgrade is one of several major projects being undertaken by the Council for the benefit of the community.
Estimated cost: $4.5 million
The St Peters Streetscape Upgrade will deliver an upgrade to existing footpath, road and drainage infrastructure and create a beautiful and safe street for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists.The St Peters Streetscape Upgrade will be jointly funded by the Council and the Federal Government. The Federal Government is contributing $1.27 million as part of its Local Government and Community Infrastructure Program. The Council is funding the remaining balance of the Project.
The St Peters Street Streetscape Upgrade builds on the recent upgrades to the St Peters Precinct, which included Linde Reserve-Dunstone Grove, the St Peters Town Hall Complex and the Avenue of Honour from Payneham Road to Second Avenue.
The St Peters Street Concept Plan was endorsed by the Council in December 2019 following community consultation.
Once completed, St Peters Street will provide improved amenity and connection between the River Torrens Linear Park and other major focal points within the Precinct.
The key features of the Project include:
- improved street amenity and accessibility for pedestrians and cyclists
- new civil infrastructure including wider footpaths and a reduction in the overall paved road width
- new trees and landscaping and a revitalised central median
- better local storm water management
- improved access and amenity of the open space adjacent to Eighth Avenue and overlooking the St Peters Billabong.
Download St Peters Street Concept Plan:
City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters
Landskap + Dryside Engineering
To be confirmed