Category: Parks, playgrounds and reserves
Managed by City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters
- Landscape Architecture – Clover Green Space
- Civil & Structural Engineering – MLEI Consulting Engineers and Struktura Structural & Civil Engineering
- Electrical & Hydraulic Services Engineering – Trinamic
- Cultural Heritage & Interpretation – Brave and Curious, Kaurna Yerta Aboriginal Corporation (KYAC)
The Dunstan Adventure Playground Upgrade – which includes new adventure-themed play equipment, toilets and picnic facilities – is bound to delight families.
Estimated cost: $1,450,000 million, including $450,000 from the State Government’s Open Space Grant Program
The Dunstan Adventure Playground Upgrade will improve the adventure-themed play experience for children of all ages. Anticipated benefits of this project include:
- high quality and well-maintained open space and recreation facilities
- increased community participation in recreation activities
- improved public accessibility and safety.
An official launch will be held on Saturday, 3 February 20214 with all local community and special guests invited. Save the date and await more details.
The Dunstan Adventure Playground Upgrade includes:
- adventure-themed play equipment
- barbeque and picnic facilities
- park furniture
- landscaping and irrigation
- bank improvements for accessibility, safety and to reduce erosion
- better paths and connections between Eleventh Avenue / Winchester Street and the River Torrens Linear Park Trail.
Construction works commence on 27 February 2023. During the construction period fencing will be installed around the site and access to the Playground and Linear Park Pathway will be closed. For more information, see the River Torrens Linear Park Shared Path Enhancement: Stage 2.