Category: Venues and facilities
Managed by City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters
- Detailed Design – Civil & Environmental Solutions
- Landscape Consultant – Oxigen Pty Ltd
- Civil Engineering – Civil & Environmental Solutions
- Lighting and Electrical Design – RRW Consultation
- Architects – Design Eminance P/L
Main contractor: Camco (SA) Pty Ltd
Payneham Oval has become a recreational destination in the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters with the upgrade of six tennis courts. The tennis court upgrade follows major redevelopments of the Oval’s facilities and playground.
The upgrades not only provide modern playing facilities for the community, together with the Norwood Tennis Club and East Adelaide Payneham Tennis Club, but also increase lifespan of these valuable community assets by at least 20 years.
Demolition works commenced in mid-March 2020 with the removal of the playing surface together with fencing, kerbing and stormwater infrastructure.
The demolition phase also included the removal of internal walls and roof of the existing storeroom, shelter, barbecue facilities and drinking fountain.
The Payneham Oval Tennis Court Upgrade was funded by the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters and the Department of Planning Transport & Infrastructure through the Open Space Grant Fund.
Works for this project included:
- the reconstruction of six tennis courts
- installation of new posts and nets
- provision and installation of LED court lighting
- perimeter fencing
- landscaping and paving
- car parking
- bench seating
- a new shelter and storeroom.