Volunteers acknowledged for their outstanding service to the community
Long-serving Volunteers were celebrated and recognised by the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters at the 2021 Volunteers Christmas Dinner last night.
Mayor Robert Bria presented Years of Service Certificates to the following Volunteers for:
10 Years of Service
- Diana Thorpe - Library Services
- James Everett - Cultural Heritage
- Marianne Frommer - Friends of the Billabong
- Giang Le-Huy - Justice of the Peace
- Kevin Shepherdson - Justice of the Peace and Community Bus Driver
- Roger Woodcock - Cultural Heritage
15 Years of Service
- John Lamb - Graffiti Removal
20 Years of Service
- Lyn Gameau - Library Services
- Kevin Twomey - Pageant Organising Group
- Merilyn Twomey - Pageant Organising Group
A variety of Volunteers who undertake vital work in the community – including graffiti removal, Justice of the Peace services, assisting the elderly and environmental activities - were also acknowledged by Mayor Bria.
In addition, Nadia McLaren and Greg Coote, Co-Convenors of the Friends of the Billabong, were presented with the Premier’s Volunteering Award for their great work with the St Peters Billabong.
“Volunteering is a two way street that has enormous implications for the social well-being and cohesion of our society,” Mayor Bria said.
““The Council’s 240 Volunteers continuously demonstrate the City’s strong sense of community spirit.
“Whether it has been staying connected with socially isolated neighbours or friends, supporting local traders and local jobs, or volunteering for local sporting and social clubs, everyone has recognised they have a role to play in caring for, and being kind to, others.
“On behalf of the Norwood Payneham & St Peters community, we thank you most sincerely,” he said.
To find out more about Volunteering with the Council please visit: www.npsp.sa.gov.au
Media enquiries: Mayor Robert Bria on 0431 754 077