Home Based Business
The City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters has long recognised the significance of home-based businesses to its local economy.
Benefits of home-based business
Home-based businesses can offer a range of unique benefits, including:
- local employment and wealth creation
- supporting existing businesses
- contributing to passive surveillance of neighbourhoods
- promoting the social benefits of being able to work and care for a dependent
- unclogging our roads and reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- supporting local retail and hospitality businesses.
Do I need Council approval
Council approval is not required for home-based businesses if they fully comply with the criteria of a ‘home activity’.
For more information, contact the Council’s Urban Planning & Environment Department on 08 8366 4530
or email firstname.lastname@example.org