Find an Event:
Norwood Christmas Pageant 2023
Saturday, 18th Nov 2023
10:00am — 11:00am
The Parade, Norwood
Come and celebrate the Norwood Christmas Pageant!
The Norwood Christmas Pageant is set to ignite the Christmas spirit on The Parade, Norwood with colourful floats, music and entertainment including live bands, clowns, dancers, fairies and more.
Crowds are expected to line the streets from first thing in the morning and kids are encouraged to bring their chalk and decorate the street with Christmas drawings.
The Pageant will start at Woods Street, Norwood and travel east along The Parade to Queen Street.
Apply online here to be a part of the Pageant.
Borrow a Costume and be part of the Pageant
There are around 200 costumes for you to borrow - from clowns, fairies, princess, pirates and much more.
Costumes are collected from and returned to the Norwood RSL Hall, 4 Woods Street, Norwood.
Simply come along to the below collection dates and our Volunteers will assist with selecting a costume for you. (costumes for all ages and a range of sizes).
Wednesday 8 November: 3.30pm - 6.00pm
Saturday 11 November: 9.30am - 12.30pm
Pageant Day: 11:30am – 2.00pm
Tuesday 21 November: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
The Pageant starts at Woods Street, Norwood and travel east along The Parade to Queen Street.
Floats line up on The Parade (between Fullarton Road and Woods Street).
Download: Pageant Route Map
Temporary road closures
Temporary road closures are in place on the day of the Norwood Christmas Pageant.
The Council would like to thank local businesses, residents and visitors to the Parade in advance for their cooperation on the day of the event.
To reduce the number of road closures associated with this event and to minimise the disruption to traffic on major roads and the surrounding side streets, floats will line-up on The Parade, between Fullarton Road and Woods Street.
Road closure times
The following road closures are in place on the event day from 7.30am to 12.30pm:
- The Parade - Fullarton Road to Portrush Road
- Beulah Road - Portrush Road to George Street
- Queen Street - Magill Road to The Parade
- George Street - Webbe Street to The Parade
- Edward Street - Webbe Street to The Parade.
Information for local businesses
Please ensure your suppliers, customers and employees are aware of the temporary road closures and the times during which they will be in place.
Information for residents
Please be aware of the temporary road closures listed above and the times during which they will be in place.
Eastbound services and heavy vehicles will be diverted via Fullarton Road, Magill Road, Portrush Road and then onto The Parade as per normal.
Westbound services will be diverted in the reversal of eastbound services.
Tips for the day
- stay behind the blue line marked on The Parade
- on the morning before you leave home, write your mobile number on your child’s wrist or arm in case they get lost and take a photo of them to remember what they are wearing
- don’t forget to Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek and Slide for you and the kids
- if it looks like there might be rain, bring your umbrellas, hooded jackets and gumboots for enjoying the puddles
- stay for lunch to avoid the rush out. There are many delicious eateries on The Parade for you to enjoy after the Pageant finishes. Bookings might be best if you want a specific place, and
- utilise public transport to get to The Parade as parking can be restrictive.
Councils Events Unit
T: 08 8366 4555