Norwood Christmas Pageant
Saturday, 24th Nov 2018
10:00am — 11:00am
The Parade, Norwood, South Australia
Come and celebrate the Norwood Christmas Pageant!
The 2018 Norwood Christmas Pageant is set to light up The Parade, Norwood on Saturday 24 November with colourful floats, music and entertainment including live bands, clowns, dancers, fairies and more.
Crowds are expected to line the streets from first thing in the morning and kids are encouraged to bring their chalk and decorate the street with Christmas drawings.
The Pageant will start at Woods Street, Norwood and travel east along The Parade to Queen Street.
To reduce the number of road closures associated with this event and to minimise the disruption to traffic on major roads and the surrounding side streets, floats will line-up on The Parade, between Fullarton Road and Woods Street.
Click map image to download a larger size.
Borrow a costume
We have a wonderful selection of colourful costumes, available in a range of sizes and styles - there's something for everyone!
If you would like to be part of the Pageant, simply borrow a costume from us and we will allocate you to a Council float. There's no need to apply online, simply attend our costume lending day - details below.
Costume lending details
|COSTUME SELECTION||COSTUME RETURNS|
|Saturday 17 November, 9am - 3.00pm||
Saturday 24 November, 12 noon - 2.00pm
Saturday 1 December, 9.00am - 12 noon
All costumes are to be collected from and returned to the Norwood RSL Hall, 4 Woods Street, Norwood.
Please note, costumes cannot be reserved and are handed out on a first-in-best-dressed basis.
Temporary road closures
Temporary road closures will be in place on the day of the Norwood Christmas Pageant.
The Council would like to thank local businesses, residents and visitors to the Parade in advance for their cooperation on the day of the event.
Road closures and times
The following road closures will be in place on Saturday 24 November from 7.30am to 12.30pm:
- The Parade - Fullarton Road to Portrush Road
- Beulah Road - Portrush Road to George Street
- Queen Street - Magill Road to The Parade
- George Street - Webbe Street to The Parade
- Edward Street - Webbe Street to The Parade.
Due to road closures along the Pageant route on Pageant day, parking restrictions will be in place.
Please take note of the road closures listed above and make alternative parking arrangements.
If you would like to explore public transport options, visit Adelaide Metro for bus services and times.
Information for local businesses
Please ensure your suppliers, customers and employees are aware of the temporary road closures and times they will be in place, and alternative parking arrangements are made.
Information for residents
Please be aware of the temporary road closures listed above and the times they will be in place.
Bus services and heavy vehicles
Eastbound services and heavy vehicles will be diverted via Fullarton Road, Magill Road, Portrush Road and then onto The Parade as per normal.
Westbound services will be diverted in the reversal of eastbound services.
Tips for the day
- stay behind the blue line marked on The Parade
- on the morning before you leave home, write your mobile number on your child’s wrist or arm in case they get lost and take a photo of them to remember what they are wearing
- don’t forget to Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek and Slide for you and the kids
- if it looks like there might be rain, bring your umbrellas, hooded jackets and gumboots for enjoying the puddles
- stay for lunch to avoid the rush out. There are many delicious eateries on The Parade for you to enjoy after the Pageant finishes. Bookings might be the go if you want a specific place
- utilise public transport to get to The Parade as parking can be restrictive.
For more information, contact
Council's Events Unit
T: 08 8366 4555