Category: Streets and footpaths
The Parade Streetscape Upgrade is scheduled to commence in 2024 -2025 and will be delivered over four years.
The Parade Streetscape Upgrade will create a more pleasant environment for the community to enjoy.
The Parade Masterplan, endorsed by the Council in May 2019, focuses on protecting the identity, appeal and sense of place of Adelaide’s premier mainstreet, and the significant economic, social and cultural elements that enhance the experience of people who choose to live, work and visit The Parade.
The prioritisation on pedestrian safety, movement and amenity is one of the primary objectives which the Council is seeking to achieve through the implementation of the The Parade Masterplan.
This will be achieved through the delivery of:
- pedestrian crossing near the Norwood Oval
- wider footpaths along the full length of The Parade
- removal of on-street car parking between Edward and George Street
- additional street trees and landscaping
- new paving, street furniture and lighting
- public art.
Scroll down to view timeline.