Getting Here & Around
Our proximity to the Adelaide CBD, coupled with a well-designed urban environment and network of public transport, make it easy to get here and around.
Bus Go Zones - every 15 minutes
Adelaide's public bus network provides a fast and easy way to get to our shopping and dining precincts.
You can catch a bus in a Go Zone every 15 minutes between 7.30am and 6.30pm, Monday to Friday, and every 30 minutes at night, Saturday, Sunday and public holidays until about 10pm.
The Parade: H20, H22, H24
Magill Road: H30, H33, 106
Kensington Road: 141, 142
Payneham Road: 174,178
St Peters, Joslin, Marden and Felixstow: W90, W91
Timetables: visit: Adelaide Metro
Go Zone Network Map: visit: Adelaide Metro - Go Zones
Taxi and ridesharing
Mobility device re-charge points
If you are using an electric mobility scooter or wheelchair you can now recharge at the following Council locations:
- Norwood Town Hall - 175 The Parade, Norwood
- Payneham Library - 2 Turner Street, Felixstow
- St Peters Library - 101 Payneham Road, St Peters
- Payneham Community Centre - 373 Payneham Road, Payneham
- Payneham Swimming Centre - OG Road, Felixstow
The Council is proud to be a national partner of RECHARGE Scheme Australia. To find out more about the Scheme and for a full listing of RECHARGE point locations, visit: RECHARGE Scheme
Our City has many on-road bike lanes and off-road paths for people riding a bicycle for travel or recreation.
To find out about cycling routes and trip planners, free and e-bikes, visit: Cycling
E-scooters are convenient, easily accessible, fun and a low emission alternative to driving a car and a great way to commute and explore our City.
How to use a shared e-scooter:
- Download: find and rent an electric scooter by using Neuron App or Beam app.
- Unlock: scan the QR code to unlock the e-scooter
- Safety check: ensure breakes and headlights are working. Check the e-scooter for any damage.
- Start riding but unlocking and putting the helmet on and securing to your head. Under South Australian road rules you must wear a helmet when riding an e-scooter.
- Park responsibly: Don’t park in a position that obstructs pedestrians or causes danger.
- End trip: Replace the helmet in the Helmet Lock. Snap a photo of the e-scooter, and end your trip.
End your e-scooter ride responsibly
Park e-scooter in an upright position, on wide footpaths and out of the way of walkways and accessibility ramps.
Do not park in dangerous or inappropriate locations, for example:
- within the pedestrian zone of a footpath (1.5 metres of the building line)
- where they could pose a safety hazard
- where they could interfere with pedestrian access generally or access to amenities.
Exclusion Zone and No Parking Zone
The Parade, Norwood between Osmond Terrace and Portrush Road is an Exclusion and No Parking zone. We encourage to you walk along The Parade.
The section of Linear Park between Harrow Road, College Park and Hackney Road, Hackney is an Exclusion Zone as e-scooter cannot be ridden in Town of Walkerville. Access to the City of Adelaide should be via Richmond Street, Hackney and the pedestrian crossings along Hackney Road, Hackney.
To view a map of the e-scooter trial area, visit: My Licence: E-scooter Trial
E-Scooters laws and road rules
E-scooters used are subject to regulations and the Australian Road Rules.
For rules applying to riding e-scooters in South Australia, visit: My Licence: Road Rules - E-scooters
South Australian Police can issue penalties for any breaches of the Australian road rules or offences that may apply. Only e-scooter operated by the providers are permitted by the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters in the ‘trial area’.
If you have any questions, need customer support or provide feedback please contact Beam and Neuron customer service through the app, website, phone or email.
If you have any concerns regarding poorly parked e-scooters, user behavior, and collisions, accidents or injuries associated with e-scooter contact the provider customer service by phone or email.
The City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters can respond to feedback and questions regarding to the e-scooter Permits:
T: 08 8366 4555