Draft Voice & Vision of Young People Action Plan - Stage 2 Consultation
Consultation closes at 5pm, 2 October 2023.
Have your say on the draft actions of the new three-year Voice & Vision of Young People Action Plan.
The Plan seeks to ensure that the voice of young people in our community is heard and that their vision for the future, as well as for today, is being considered when planning and facilitating initiatives and actions that directly relate to and impact upon young people.
This Plan will assist in achieving our collective Vision, whilst keeping the needs and aspirations of young people front of mind. It seeks to guide our intentions, activations and determinations when developing, delivering and reviewing the actions of the coming three years.
On this page:
Have Your Say
Have your say on the draft actions of the Voice & Vision of Young People Action Plan 2024-2026 and help the Council understand whether the Plan reflects the needs and evolving aspirations of young people.
You can have your say in the following ways:
Email your feedback to the Coordinator Youth Programs
Alternatively, you can download the form or pick up a hard copy from Citizen Services at the Norwood Town Hall or our three libraries
Consultation closes Monday 2 October 2023
About the Plan
The Voice and Vision of Young People Action Plan plots actions against the following Four Pillars contained in the CityPlan 2030: Shaping Our Future:
- Social Equity
- Cultural Vitality
- Economic Prosperity
- Environmental Sustainability.
In building this connection between young people and the Vision for our City, we can collectively shape our future.
Summary of Draft Actions from the Voice & Vision of Young People Action Plan 2024-2026.
An inclusive, connected, accessible and friendly community
The following actions are relevant to CityPlan: 2030, Outcome 1 Social Equity: An inclusive, connected, accessible and friendly community.
- review our Community Funding Program to increase young people’s participation
- review the Council’s website and social media communication and marketing to improve reach and relevance to young people.
- develop and implement an annual workshop program that meets the identified needs of young people
- review the CANVAS visual arts program
- encourage integrated decision-making and create avenues for young people to share their perspectives.
- support and showcase local musicians under 30 years of age
- encourage young people’s participation in Council events and initiatives
- provide young people with varied volunteer opportunities
- increase accessibility to WIFI within our community facilities to support online based community initiatives
- expand the school holiday program to better cater to the needs of young people
- ensure the Council considers safety in the design and upgrade of all public spaces.
A culturally rich and diverse City, with a strong identity, history and sense of place
The following actions are relevant to CityPlan: 2030, Outcome 2 Cultural Vitality: A culturally rich and diverse City, with a strong identity, history and sense of place.
- develop and deliver Arts Workshops for young people aged 30 years and under
- promote opportunities for young people to learn, create and be supported
- build and support a Sense of Place in connecting young people to their community.
A dynamic and thriving centre for business and services
The following actions are relevant to CityPlan: 2030, Outcome 3 Economic Prosperity: A dynamic and thriving centre for business and services.
- through the lens of young people, promote the City as a place to visit
- explore developing a life guard training and recruitment program to attract young people to work at our swimming centres
- assist young people in gaining access to work experience.
The following actions are relevant to CityPlan: 2030, Outcome 4 Environmental Sustainability: A leader in environmental sustainability.
- to connect with local Schools and organisations in educating the community on environmental concerns.
- encourage and provide opportunities for young people to be involved in initiatives for environmental sustainability.
- provide young people with consistent access to information and space to express concerns.
Coordinator, Youth Programs
T: 08 8366 4514