Energy Management Actions
The Council is committed to the sustainable and efficient management of energy.
The City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters has taken action in all of its operational areas to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions impact and continues to look for opportunities to reduce energy consumption.
Programs, projects and initiatives
Energy reduction at Council owned sites
Significant energy reduction projects include:
- installation of solar photovoltaic panels on buildings
- use of thermal blankets at both Council pools
- use of activity-sensored lighting
- air-conditioning and refrigeration upgrades
- transition to LED lighting from Mercury Vapour lights
- installation of energy-efficiency appliances.
In 2012, the Council engaged C3 Balance Carbon to assist in the measurement and analysis of greenhouse gas emissions through carbon reporting.