Eastern Health Authority (EHA)
The Eastern Health Authority (EHA) - Local Council's working together to protect the health of the community.
The Eastern Health Authority (EHA) provides a wide range of environmental health and immunisation services to the community in the eastern and inner northern suburbs of Adelaide.
Established under the Local Government Act (1999), EHA work across the following Constituent Councils to improve public and environmental health standards:
- City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters
- City of Burnside
- Campbelltown City Council
- City of Prospect
- Town of Walkerville
The EHA Board of Management includes two representatives from each Constituent Council and is responsible for ensuring EHA acts within its charter.
With a single focus, and highly specialised and experienced staff, EHA is well-equipped to deal with the increasing diversity and complexity of public and environmental health.
EHA services include
- immunisation - make a booking
- hygiene and sanitation control
- inspection and regulation of food outlets, including food trucks that operate in the Council area
- licensing and monitoring of Supported Residential Facilities (SRFs)
EHA staff can respond to your enquiries and assist with professional advice on a variety of environmental health and immunisation matters.