Emergencies & Disasters
The City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters has a support role to play in helping local communities to prepare, respond and recover from emergencies.
The information on this page will assist you to:
- understand the support that your council and state government can provide before, during and after an emergency
- identify who to contact for emergency assistance
- improve your understanding of emergencies.
Emergencies and disasters can happen at any time and affect anyone.
It is important to plan and prepare for emergencies to help reduce the impact and recover more quickly.
To find out how prepared you are, take the Red Cross quiz:
Before, during and after an emergency
You can contact the Council for any non-life-threatening emergencies on our after-hours emergency number: 08 8366 4555.
If you have a life-threatening or urgent situation dial Triple Zero (000) and ask for ambulance, fire or police depending on the type of emergency.
Emergency information and assistance by topic
Donating and volunteering
The best way to help after an emergency is by:
- donating - to find out more, visit: SA.GOV.AU - How Can I Help
- volunteering - to find out more, visit: Volunteering SA & NT
- Key Hazards & Risks Summary: Emergency Management Plan (Eastern Adelaide)