Tree Incentive Program
Get a tree voucher today!
Please note: Due to popularity all tree vouchers have been allocated.
You are welcome to join our wait list below and we will contact you if additional vouchers become available.
Trees cool and shade our homes and buildings reducing electricity bills, increasing property value and are our best way of adapting to the impacts of climate change.
The Council is offering property owners in the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters an $80 voucher towards an established tree to plant on their land.
The voucher is redeemable at:
- Newman’s Nursery - 1361 North East Road, Tea Tree Gully
- Aldgate Tree Farm - 18 Strathalbyn Rd, Aldgate
Please Note: Due to popularity all vouchers have been allocated. You are welcome to join our wait list and we will contact you if additional vouchers become available.
|Before requesting a voucher, please ensure you are eligible and have read the Voucher Criteria and Tree Incentive Program Terms and Conditions on this page.|
Tree Voucher Criteria
The voucher is constrained to a set of criteria, tree species purchased must be:
- a long lived tree species (at least 25 years)
- a tree species that has the ability to grow to at least 4 metres in height
- a tree species that provides shade when the sun is at its highest point (e.g. tree form is round, spreading, oval, open, weeping and not columnar, conical, pyramidal etc.).
If successful applicants no longer wish to use the voucher issued they should notify the Council to allow non-successful applicants a chance to use the voucher.
Tree Incentive Program Terms and Conditions
the Tree Incentive Program terms and conditions are:
- this program is limited to the supply of a total of 120 vouchers for participating nursery to property owners in City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters
- each voucher is worth $80 and must be spent on an established tree (at least 1 metre high specimen)
- the property owner must confirm they have the ability to plant the tree in the ground (e.g. at least 1 cubic meter of soil capacity, the more the better)
- vouchers are administered by the Council on a ‘first in; first served’ basis. No other prioritisation will be applied
- once the allocated number of vouchers have been reached, the Tree Incentive Program for the year will end
- random follow up inspections by the Council may be requested on the properties that receive a voucher to review the Tree Incentive success
- if a repeat applicant (in subsequent years), applicant needs to provide evidence that previously obtained tree(s) are still within the property and are flourishing as intended
- a record of applicants not successful will be kept and given priority access to any future years Tree Incentive Program, should it continue
- if applicants no longer wish to use the voucher issued they should notify the Council to allow non-successful applicants a chance to use the voucher.
Privately owned properties must be located within the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters.
All privately owned properties are eligible for one voucher per property unless the Council deems the property meets the following criteria:
- privately owned properties located in suburbs identified as having 20% or less canopy coverage through LiDAR data – two vouchers
- privately owned properties located in identified Heat Island and Social Vulnerable through Urban Heat Mapping data – two vouchers
- Residential Body Corporates – one voucher per unit / residence to a maximum of five vouchers
- schools located within the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters – maximum of two vouchers
- community Groups or Organisations with property within the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters – two vouchers
- clubs/Groups based on Council leased land (subject to lease arrangements) – two vouchers.
Help with tree selection
The following online resources provide information on tree selection:
You can also utilise staff knowledge at selected nurseries to assist in selecting a tree species that meets the above criteria and your needs.
For more information, call our Customer Service Centre on 08 8366 4555 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org