Mayor’s Business Commendation Awards
The City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters is full of small business success stories.
The Mayor’s Business Commendation Awards recognise small businesses that contribute to our City’s unique cosmopolitan lifestyle and sense-of-place, which makes our City so liveable.
Who can nominate
The commendations are open to small businesses that have been operating in the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters for a minimum of 10 years. Please refer to the definitions below for further information.
How to nominate
Applications are now open for small businesses to self-nominate for a commendation.
Awards and criteria:
- 10+ years Bronze Commendation
- 25+ years Silver Commendation
- 50+ years Gold Commendation
- 3+ generations Generational Family Business Commendation.
The decision to grant a commendation is at the Mayor’s absolute discretion. Commendations will be presented at the mid-year networking event.
Applications are open all year round and the presentation date will depend on the date of the confirmation of the application.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics defines a small business as one that employs fewer than 20 people.
Qualifying period of operation
Current proprietors of independent small businesses (fewer than 20 full-time employees) are those that:
- have operated continuously within the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters for at least 10 years
- are generational family businesses of any size where the business has been operated by the same family within the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters for three or more generations in succession. A minimum qualifying period of 10 years for the current proprietor applies.
The qualifying period for applicants commences from the year the applicant became a financial partner or proprietor in the business.
General Manager, Governance & Community Affairs
T: 08 8366 4549