Mayor’s Business Commendation Awards
The City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters is full of small business success stories.
The Mayor’s Business Commendation Awards are open to businesses who have served our City for ten years or more. Businesses are invited to self-nominate on this page.
The commendations are open to small businesses that have been operating in the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters for a minimum of 10 years. Please refer to the definitions below for further information.
How to nominate
Applications are now open for small businesses to self-nominate for a commendation.
Awards and criteria:
- 10+ years Bronze Commendation
- 25+ years Silver Commendation
- 50+ years Gold Commendation
- 3+ generations Generational Family Business Commendation.
Applications are open all year round and the presentation date will depend on the date of the confirmation of the application.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics defines a small business as one that employs fewer than 20 people.
Please be aware that should your business employ more than 20 people, the discretion of the Mayor and Council Staff will be used to determine the eligibility of the business.
Qualifying period of operation
Current proprietors of independent small businesses are those that:
- have operated continuously within the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters for at least 10 years
- are generational family businesses of any size where the business has been operated by the same family within the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters for three or more generations in succession. A minimum qualifying period of 10 years for the current proprietor applies.
The qualifying period for applicants commences from the year the applicant became a financial partner or proprietor in the business.
The Mayor’s Business Commendation Awards is part of the Council’s Civic Recognition Program which recognises outstanding achievements, voluntary contributions and significant milestones of members of the community, local groups and/or organisations and businesses.
For more information about this Program, download: Civic Recognition Policy
Economic Development & Strategy Unit
T: 08 8366 4555