Working in Local Government
'Meaningful, connected and inspiring' is how people describe working in Local Government.
Local Government hosts a vast range of job roles from administration, financial, horticulture, community services and pool attendants, just to name a few; with all the roles providing a valuable service to the community.
Working in Local Government will connects you with over 40 diverse occupations where you can network and develop or change your career in a supported and innovative working environment.
There are industry benefits such as:
- working in meaningful roles that really make a difference in the community and impact positively on the lives of others
- a variety of diverse job opportunities, career growth and employment experiences
- training and development opportunities to develop yourself and your career
- recognised service across each Council which means your employment entitlements such as long service leave go with you when you change jobs
- networking and social events.
I like that the focus is on the whole employee not just our ‘work output’, the importance of looking after the whole person is recognised.
Find out more...
Find out more about how you can make Local Government part of your career, visit: Local Government Association (LGA)