This page contains information about Council delegations.
The Council is able to delegate many of its powers and duties under Section 44 of the Local Government Act 1999 and other Acts to the Chief Executive Officer.
The CEO has the authority to sub-delegate many of these powers and duties to Council staff. These are referred to as Sub-Delegations.
The primary purpose of delegations is to facilitate an efficient and effective organisation by allowing decisions to be made by the staff who carry out day-to-day operations. This allows the Council (ie the Elected Member body) to place a greater emphasis on determining the overall directions and policies of the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters and on monitoring performance.
The Council’s delegations are required to be reviewed within 12 months after the conclusion of a Local Government election.
List of delegations
Below is a list of all Acts under which delegations are currently in place to the Chief Executive Officer of the Council:
- Community Titles Act 1996
- Development Act 1993 & Development Regulations 2008
- Dog & Cat Management Act 1995
- Electricity Act 1996 & Electricity (Principles of Vegetation Clearance) Regulations 2010
- Electronic Conveyancing National Law (South Australia) Act 2013
- Environment Protection Act 1993 & Environment Protection (Waste to Resources) Policy 2010
- Expiation of Offences Act 1996
- Fences Act 1975
- Fines Enforcement & Debt Recovery Act 2017
- Fire & Emergency Services Act 2005 & Fire & Emergency Services Regulations 2005
- Freedom of Information Act 1991 & Freedom of Information (Fees & Charges) Regulations 2003
- Gas Act 1997
- Heavy Vehicle National Law (South Australia) Act 2013
- Land & Business (Sale & Conveyancing) Act 1994
- Liquor Licensing Act 1997
- Local Government Act 1999
- Local Nuisance & Litter Control Act 2016 & Local Nuisance & Litter Control Regulations 2017
- Natural Resources Management Act 2004, Natural Resources Management (General) Regulation 2005 & Natural Resources Management (Transitional Provisions Levies) Regulations 2004
- Planning Development & Infrastructure Act 2016
- Real Property Act 1886
- Roads (Opening & Closing) Act 1991
- Road Traffic Act 1961, Road Traffic (Miscellaneous) Regulations 2014 & Road Traffic (Road Rules – Ancillary & Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations 2014
- State Records Act 1997
- Strata Titles Act 1988
- Unclaimed Goods Act 1987
- Water Industry Act 2012 & Water Industry Regulations 2012
- Work Health & Safety Act 2012.
For a copy of any of the above delegations, contact the Council’s General Manager, Governance & Community Affairs on 08 8366 4549 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org