Skip to Content

Advocacy & Complaints

You have a right to raise issues or concerns about any aspect of a Community Care Service you receive.

The CitOlder woman ipady of Norwood Payneham & St Peters strives to create an environment which makes you feel comfortable to express any comments or complaints you may have.

Your feedback provides valuable information to assist in the process of continuous improvement in all aspects of the Council's service review and delivery.

Find out more:

Complaints process and contacts

I have a complaint

If you are experiencing an issue or have concerns with a service, or you do not understand decisions that have been made regarding your service plan, there are a number of people you can talk to.

Who can I talk to

Step one: Contact the staff member providing your Community Care Service to talk about your issues or concerns.
Step two:

If you are unable to resolve the matter to your satisfaction, please call the Manager, Community Services on 08 8366 4600 or write to:

Manager, Community Services
PO Box 204
Kent Town SA 5067

Step three:

If you are not satisfied with the response of the Manager, Community Services, you may wish to contact:

General Manager, Governance & Community Affairs
PO Box 204
Kent Town SA 5067
T: 08 8366 4549

How will my complaint be handled

Anyone lodging a complaint can be assured that they will receive a prompt, fair and non-discriminatory response and that the matter will be handled in a confidential manner.

You have the right, at any time, to involve another agency or individual in an advocacy role if you wish. The Council's Community Care Services team will keep you informed throughout the process.

Our aim is to work with you to identify a solution to your concerns without impacting on service delivery.

Please note: Your comments will not affect current service or eligibility access to future services. Retribution by any service provider or individual will not be tolerated by the organisation.

Advocacy services and contacts

What is advocacy

An advocate is a person who may "stand beside" you and speak on your behalf to protect and promote your rights.

An advocate is appointed by you to represent you if you need support and encouragement to exercise your rights, or to ensure that your rights are upheld. An advocate may be a relative, carer, friend, neighbour or representative from an advocacy service working with you to ensure your rights are upheld.

Advocacy services

An advocate may:

  • assist you to support your rights or work to a pre-agreed outcome
  • be confidential and independent
  • recognise the importance of upholding your rights
  • work directly under your guidance to make your own decisions and express your wishes
  • work to represent your best interests
  • have no personal or hidden agendas.

Advocacy contacts

The Community Care Services Unit encourages you to utilise an advocate of your own choice to ensure that you receive the best possible outcome.

All clients and potential clients, may choose to involve an advocate to represent their interests at any time, this is accepted practice by the Community Care Services Unit.

If you wish to be represented by an advocate in any or all of your dealings with the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters Community Care Services Unit, a list of possible advocacy agencies is provided below.

Aged Rights Advocacy Services

Visit: Aged Rights Advocacy Services

T: 08 8232 5377
Toll free: 1800 700 600

Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission

Visit: Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission

Toll free (from fixed lines): 1800 951 822

Disability Advocacy & Complaints Service of SA Inc

Visit: Disability Advocacy and Complaints Service (DACSSA)

Tel: 08 71226030

Nunkuwarrin Yunti (for people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background)

Visit: Nunkuwarrin Yunti

T: 08 8406 1600

Ethnic Link Services

Visit: Uniting SA

T: 08 8448 6260

The Equal Opportunity SA

Visit: Equal Opportunity SA

T: 08 7322 7070

Disability Rights Advocacy Service Inc

Visit: Disability Rights Advocacy Service Inc

T: 08 8351 9500

Older Persons Advocacy Network

Visit: Older Persons Advocacy Network

T: 1800 700 600