Online Development Application Register
This page contains information about the Council's Development Application Register, including the online tracking service.
Development Applications - new online system
South Australia’s new planning system and ePlanning Portal came into effect on 19 March 2021.
This page has been updated to reflect the new planning system and online process.
For more information about the new system, visit: Plan SA: ePlanning Portal
For enquiries relating to applications lodged prior to 19 March 2021, please contact the Council’s Planning Department on 08 8366 4530.
Access the right Development Application Register
To access the right Development Application Register, click on the relevant box below.
You can also use the PlanSA Wizard to find out which register to use by entering details about when it was lodged.
Council Register: Applications lodged prior to 19 March 2021
The Council’s Development Application Register contains development applications lodged prior to 19 March 2021.
PlanSA Register: Applications lodged on or after 19 March 2021
The PlanSA Online Development Application Register contains development applications lodged on or after 19 March 2021.
What's on the Council Development Application Register
The Development Application Register includes a list of applications for consent, approval, or the assignment of building classifications under the Development Act (SA) 1993.
The Register includes:
- name and address of applicant(s)
- date of the application
- date on which the application was received by the relevant authority (i.e. the Council)
- description of the land which is the subject of the application
- brief summary of the matters, acts or things in respect to which the consent or approval is sought
- any decisions made on the application by the Council, the State Commission Assessment Panel (SCAP) or Governor
- any decision on the application (including the date of the decision and any conditions that are imposed)
- any decision on the application that is the subject of an appeal or the result of an appeal.
Development application tracking
By visiting the Online Development Application Register and typing in your Development Application Number, you can:
- track the progress and status of your development application
- view the name and contact details of the Assessing Officer.
Recently determined development applications
Other information available on the online Register includes recently determined development application.
The Council Development Application Register can also be accessed in hard copy at the Norwood Town Hall Customer Service Centre
Copies of any part of the Register or documents kept for the purpose of the Register can be made available to any member of the public upon request. A standard photocopy fee applies.
For information about the PlanSA Online Development Application Register, visit: PlanSA
Council's Urban Planning & Environment Department