Home > Our Services > Parking, Vehicles & Transport > Sustainable Transport
There are many opportunities in vibrant, urban areas such as our City, to reduce dependence on motor travel and embrace other forms of sustainable transport.
The transport sector is one of the most significant contributors to greenhouse gas emissions, as emissions from transport are increasing at a faster rate than any other energy-use sector.
Sustainable transport refers to any means of transport which has a low impact on the environment, such as walking, cycling, public transport, or electric vehicles powered by renewables.
Sustainable transport objectives include:
- reduction in harmful air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions
- reduced demand for fossil fuels
- safer and more attractive streets and living environments
- healthier living through more active lifestyles.Quick links
Electric vehicle (EV) charging stations
There are six publicly accessible electric vehicle (EV) charging stations, provided by JOLT and Evie, in operation across the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters.
EV charging station locations:
- Webbe Street Car Park
- Osmond Terrace, Norwood on-street parking
- Linde-Dunstone Grove Reserve Carpark
- Borthwick Reserve, Portrush / Payneham Road
- Payneham Community Centre, Payneham Road
- Glynde Corner Car Park
For more information, visit: Getting Here & Around
EV charging stations image gallery:
Cycling and walking
Our City has many on-road bike lanes and off-road paths for people riding a bicycle or walking for travel or recreation.
To find out about cycling routes and trip planners, free and e-bikes, visit: Cycling
Public transport - Adelaide Metro
Get up to date information about buses, trains and trams in the Adelaide metropolitan area.
Visit: Adelaide Metro
The Council has joined South Australia's Electric Vehicle Fleet Pledge to drive the transformation to zero emissions transport. For more information, visit: EV Fleet Pledge
In this section:
- Our Services
- Waste & Recycling
- Make a Payment
- Apply for a Permit
- Justice of the Peace - JP
- Venues & Facilities
- Pets & Other Animals
- Parking, Vehicles & Transport
- Roads, Footpaths & Verges
- Trees - Private and Council Owned
- Public Health & Safety
- Community Care Services
- Online Services Listing
- Major Projects