Lost & Found Dogs
We understand the special bond people share with their pets and try our best to reunite lost dogs and their owners.
When the Council finds a lost dog and is unable to locate or contact the owner, the dog is taken to the Animal Welfare League, who provide pound facilities for lost dogs.
If you have lost your dog(s)
- to determine if your dog has been collected by Council, visit: AWL - Council Found Pets
- if your dog is listed on the Animal Welfare League website, contact the Council on 08 8366 4555 immediately and we will discuss the steps required to collect your dog(s)
- if your dog is not listed on AWL - Council Found Pets, contact the Council on 08 8366 4555 to make a lost dog report.
- you can also contact the Animal Welfare League, RSPCA, local vets or post your dog on social media. Refer to our helpful links below for more information.
If you have found a dog(s)
If you find a dog, please notify the Council immediately on 08 8366 4555.
Council staff will make all reasonable attempts to locate and contact the owner so that the dog(s) can be returned as soon as possible.
If the owner cannot be contacted, the dog(s) will be held safely at the Animal Welfare League.
Customer Service Centre
T: 08 8366 4555
Animal Welfare League (AWL)
T: 08 8348 1300
Visit: Animal Welfare League
- Animal Welfare League Website
- RSPCA - Lost Pets
- Facebook page: Lost Dogs of Adelaide
- Facebook page: Lost Pets of South Australia
- The Parade Norwood Veterinary Clinic
- Adelaide Vet Trinity Gardens
- Stephen Terrace Veterinary Clinic
- Adelaide Veterinary Specialist & Referral Centre
- Payneham Veterinary Centre
- Glynde Vet Surgery